The Arizona Counselors Association is Arizona’s state branch of the American Counseling Association. AzCA works in conjunction with ACA to bring its members up to date information on the counseling profession. The Arizona Counselors Association is dedicated to promoting the development of the individual professional counselor, advancing the counseling profession, and using the profession and practice of counseling to improve the quality of life for Arizona’s citizens.
- To promote high standards of professional counseling
- To promote public policy advocacy
- To provide educational opportunities for our diverse membership
- To provide an organizational structure and support to fulfill our mission
- To maintain and enhance communication among our membership
- To promote public awareness of counseling and the profession
- To encourage partnerships with other professional stakeholders
AzCA membership provides counselors, educators, graduate students and other mental health professionals information, education, training and advocacy within the counseling field.
AzCa Membership includes:
- A voice in State Legislation. AzCA’s government relations committee keeps all members informed of the latest changes in licensure and other legislative issues affecting professional counselors.
- An active role in licensure. Members of AzCA have assumed a leadership role in counselor licensure in Arizona and remain active in its implementation through regular involvement in the state regulatory process.
- An opportunity to Network. Attending workshops, conferences and trainings allow you to keep in touch with others in your field through both professional and social settings. AzCA events earn NCC/CEU credits needed to maintain licensure and keep abreast of pertinent issues in the counseling field. The AzCA e-mail list-serve provides members with a way to communicate with other professionals regarding.
- AzCA Referral Listing. AzCA has a referral section on the AzCA webpage viewable to the public to provide a listing of counselors who are AzCA members and have expertise in particular counseling specialties.
- Access to the latest developments in your field. AzCA membership includes an annual subscription to the Arizona Journal of Counseling & Development, our professional journal, and the bi-annual AzCA newsletter, Counseling Insights. Filled with important articles and research, these publications will keep you up to date of new information in the counseling field.
- Savings through member discounts. AzCA members receive discounted fees at all AzCA conferences, workshops, and other AzCA sponsored events.